Friday, June 21, 2013

Life is Good

Life is good. Recently my husband I went to the ultimate yard sale with my in-laws, niece, step kids and my daughter. Of course the in-laws arrived first, as they and the step kids live closer to the flea market/yard sale and my husband, daughter and I brought up the rear.  My daughter and I both scoured the booths and tables for sewing paraphernalia as well as something for her birthday.  
One thing I've noticed is that there are a lot of sewing machines out there in beat up condition.  We found a total of 5 machines and only one peaked my interest, but it was too expensive.  Other then that there was nothing of sewing interest. My daughter however did end up with an unusual jewelry box.
That night my wonderful in-laws had over the nieces (there are two), two of the step kids and a long time family friend who might as well be family and we celebrated father's day, my daughter's birthday and my own (coming up soon!).  The amazing thing is I then found out why there wasn't any good stuff at the yard sale... They had bought it all!
This is a collection that my in-laws have been working on for about a year, two small toy sewing machines, a sewing box and a pin cushion which has a tape measure!  I really am lucky to have these wonderful people in my life. But the one thing I cannot get over is the sewing box. It is a match for the 66.


And now to continue the search for the regular foot for the Ole 66. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment